Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Schwag Carpeting" by Jennifer Schwartz

I smoked a LOT of pot in college. I still do, but there was a period of time when I would smoke any kind of weed that I got from any shady mother fucker, under any circumstances. I basically needed to be blown outta my mind 24/7.

I guess I realized it might be a problem when one time a friend and I were scraping all of my paraphernalia to gather together one pathetic bowl of weed because we were both out. I had pulled out every utensil I had and finally we gathered a little bowl on a sorting tray. We knew this was pathetic and started to laugh really hard about this terrible situation when one of us laughed so hard we blew all of the weed on the floor into the carpet.

Now, I don't know if you smoke nearly as much as I do, but when you have little flakes of weed land on any surface with fuzzy fabric, like carpet, an angora sweater or a golden retriever, that weed is as good as gone. It just, *poof*, disappears.

But I was desperate and there was no way I was going to let that little pile of weed I worked so hard scraping together be lost to the fuzzy carpet. My friend and I gasped and started to freak out, picking all the little pieces of weed we could find out of the fuzzy carpet and packed them directly into a bowl. We were NOT going to let that sorting tray accident happen again. When we had found as much weed in the carpet as we could, we realized that what we had packed into the bowl was mostly carpet with little flecks of weed here and there.

We said, "Fuck it" and smoked the bowl of carpet anyhow. It tasted awful but I could have sworn that I got a little high.


cropped

3 comments:

  1. I want to smoke my carpet weed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to know that munching carpet isn't the only option anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one! Ahh, those were the days... cleaning out my pipe enough to get one measly drag that, if held in for a minute, might get you high for exactly one minute. Terrible 1:1 ratio there... and wait, that was Monday... gotta re-up!!

    ReplyDelete